Discover the Grosse-Île and the history of the Irish immigrants
Whether you are just curious to learn about this historic island, or have Irish roots, or you have found your ancestors and their history connects you to the Grosse-Île. Come and visit with me this historic place where more than 90,000 Irish immigrants were in quarantine in 1847. This 1-day tour will answer your questions and educate you on the reality of its valiant and courageous immigrants who were coming to start a new life in America.
I invite you, during the lunch break, to share a picnic which will make you discover wines, cheeses and cold cut meat of the terroir.
In summary :
- Duration of the tour: more or less 9 hours, with early departure in the morning, or according to ferry availability.
- You’ll have your own private licensed guide during the trip and a Park Canada Guide on the Grosse-Île.
- Ferry ticket (45 minutes each segment) and the visit of the Grosse-Île included.
- Lunch break included in the form of a picnic with local products (please let us know if there are any allergies or food intolerances upon confirmation).
- Transfer from your hotel to the ferry (1h 30m ride) in a comfortable vehicle is included.
- Meeting point : your accommodation or a place that suits you.
- Walking tour of about 3 km, easy intermediate level on the Grosse-Île (if offered during the visit, a train ride will transport you between the historic sites).
Don’t forget your camera! We will take you to the best places!
- Please contact us for a personalized quote at [email protected]
- This tour can be private or accept up to 6 people
- Please let us know if there are any children accompanying us in order to establish a fair price according to their age
- It is best to book this tour at least 2 weeks in advance
- The reservation depends on the availability of the ferry
A 50% deposit is required when booking. The balance can be paid in cash or by credit card at the end of the tour. Please read the FAQ to learn about all reservation conditions.