Whether you are just curious to learn about this historic island, or have Irish roots, or you have found your ancestors and their history connects you to the Grosse-Île. Come and visit with me this historic place where more than 90,000 Irish immigrants were in quarantine in 1847. This 1-day tour will answer your questions and educate you on the reality of its valiant and courageous immigrants who were coming to start a new life in America.
I invite you, during the lunch break, to share a picnic which will make you discover wines, cheeses and cold cut meat of the terroir.
In summary :
- Duration of the tour: more or less 9 hours, with early departure in the morning, or according to ferry availability.
- You’ll have your own private licensed guide during the trip and a Park Canada Guide on the Grosse-Île.
- Ferry ticket (45 minutes each segment) and the visit of the Grosse-Île included.
- Lunch break included in the form of a picnic with local products (please let us know if there are any allergies or food intolerances upon confirmation).
- Transfer from your hotel to the ferry (1h 30m ride) in a comfortable vehicle is included.
- Meeting point : your accommodation or a place that suits you.
- Walking tour of about 3 km, easy intermediate level on the Grosse-Île (if offered during the visit, a train ride will transport you between the historic sites).
Don’t forget your camera! We will take you to the best places!
- Please contact us for a personalized quote at [email protected]
- This tour can be private or accept up to 6 people
- Please let us know if there are any children accompanying us in order to establish a fair price according to their age
- It is best to book this tour at least 2 weeks in advance
- The reservation depends on the availability of the ferry